Visitors and Family Members September 25, 2020
SECOND WAVE PREVENTION PLAN UPDATE
E.J. McQuigge Lodge is committed to the philosophy of resident-centred care. We strive for excellence in providing compassionate quality care through efficient use of resources and continuous quality improvement.
- All Visitors to our Home will have to provide written proof of a negative COVID-19 swab within 14 days
- Anyone taking a resident off the property for any reason (outings, appointments short stay absences) also we need written proof of a negative COVID-19 swab within 14 days
- At residents’ request and as directed by Residents’ Council - All Outside Visiting will stop for this year.
- We are not taking any new admissions.
- We currently have decreased our beds to ensure we have an isolation room if required
- We are gradually decreasing the resident numbers in ward rooms as the goal is two residents in a wardroom
- We have ordered our seasonal flu vaccine and all residents will be given their flu shots as soon as we get the vaccine
- All staff continue to be swabbed every two weeks
- Any repair person in Residents’ areas will also require written proof of a negative COVID-19 swab within 14 days
- We have cross-trained numerous staff to assist with the functions in the Home
- Residents continue to be Actively screened and will be swabbed and isolated if any symptoms appear
Do you still have questions about COVID-19?
Contact: Anita Garland(Administrator) or Dana Anderson (Director of Care) at: